By using public transport together with other visitors, your fun already starts before you reach the venue. A combiticket lets you complimentary leave your commuting stress at the door and allows you to relax during your travel to and from the venue. No traffic, no endless looking for parking spots and definitely no queuing to leave the parking space after the event.
Leave your commuting stress at the door!
Your ticket to attend an event at the Sportpaleis or Lotto Arena is a combiticket. This means that it grants you access to the event and is also valid as a ticket to use on trams and buses in Antwerp operated by De Lijn.
The premetro stop on lines 2, 3 and 6 is located between the main entrance of the Sportpaleis and the Lotto Arena. The overground tram stop of line 5 is located at the entrance/exit of the premetro on Ten Eekhovelei at Parking Ten Eekhove, just a 5 minute walk away from the Sportpaleis.
Contribution: The Sportpaleis strives to make your journey to/from the venue as convenient and green as possible. Therefore we cooperate with De Lijn to deploy extra buses and trams on the night of an event. To allow us to continue this service a small contribution of each visitor of 0.50 euros in included in the ticket price. This “contribution for complimentary use of P+R, tram and bus” is much cheaper than a normal round trip public transport ticket. We understand that some customers won’t use/need this service and thus would like to get their 0.50 euros back. If you’re living inside a 1.5 km perimeter around the venue or you are organizing bus transport on your own you’re entitled to such refund. Click here to access the refund form
Getting there from downtown
The Sportpaleis is easily accessible out of the city center of Antwerp by taking one of the following trams or buses departing downtown:
- premetro lines 3 and 5
- overground tram line 12 (leaves Antwerpen Zuid (Bolivarplaats) every 15 minutes)
- bus lines 19 and 23 (bus stops are close to the venue)
- tram lines 2 and 6 (Antwerp north-south connection and runs through the area of the Central Station; line 2 runs between Hoboken and Merksem; line 6 runs between Olympiade and Luchtbal)
The metro station Opera serving lines 3, 5, 9 and 15 is closed from 1 September 2016 till September 2018 due to renovation works. Metro stations nearby are Meir, Astrid and Diamant.
Easily accessible from a Park+Ride
Drive to one of the several Park+Ride areas and continue your journey stress free by taking a tram to the Sportpaleis or Lotto Arena with your combiticket.
From the west
Drive from East and West Flanders to one of the following P+R car parks:
- Zwijndrecht/Melsele (travel time on tram: 24 min)
- Blancefloerlaan (travel time on tram: 15 min)
- Frederik van Eedenplein (travel time on tram: 12 min)
All these P+R spots are serviced by tram line 3 towards Merksem (disembark at tram stop Sport) or tram line 5 towards Wijnegem (disembark at tram stop Sportpaleis)
Please note that the Frederik van Eedenplein, Thonetlaan and Beatrijslaan are metered parking Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. till 7 p.m. The backstreets, including a large part of the Blancefloerlaan, are located in a blue zone where a parking disc is mandatory Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. till 7 p.m.
From the south
Driving northbound on the A12, take exit 13 (Antwerpen Zuid/Hoboken/Wilrijk), keep right and park at the P+R Olympiade. This P+R is serviced by tram line 2. Though this P+R metered parking, the first 12 hours of parking are free.
From the north
Park at P+R Keizershoek near the Carrefour in Merksem and ride on tram line 3 towards Zwijndrecht or tram line 2 towards Hoboken. Disembark at tram stop Sport (travel time: 11 min)
If you are driving southbound on the A12, take exit 16 (Ekeren), merge onto the Noorderlaan and after 3.7 km you’ll reach the P+R Luchtbal on your right, close to the cinema complex Kinepolis. Ride on tram 6 towards Olympiade. Disembark at tram stop Sport.
From the east
Drive from the provinces of Antwerp and Limburg to Wijnegem, where you’ll be able to easily park on public proberty. Please note that parking lots of the Wijnegem Shopping Center close at night. Then take tram 5 to the tram stop Sportpaleis, which is located near the parking area Ten Eekhove. The next stop Schijnpoort is also within walking distance of the venue.
Or park at the P+R Bosuil next to the Bosuil football stadium in Deurne, Alfons Schneiderlaan (not available when there are football games, please check at rafc.be/gamecenter/list). Take tram 5 towards Antwerpen P+R Linkeroever and disembark at tram stop Sportpaleis.
Antwerp tram and bus network maps
Routeplanner De Lijn
You can also plan your public transport journey towards an event on your own and fit it perfectly to your needs! You’ll be able to plan your own route using buses, trams and trains of De Lijn (combiticket), NMBS, MIVB and TEC. And you’ll also learn how much less carbon monoxide you are emitting by taking that specific route.
Return journey De Lijn
De Lijn assures combiticket users that the last buses or trams back aren’t scheduled until midnight or even later. You can find the schedule of the last trams below.
- premetro line 2 Merksem > Hoboken: 12:44 a.m. (metro station Sport)
- premetro line 2 Hoboken > Merksem: 12:15 a.m.; on Sundays: 12:14 a.m. (metro station Sport)
- premetro line 3 Merksem > Zwijndrecht: 12:14 a.m. (metro station Sport)
- premetro line 3 Zwijndrecht > Merksem: 12:43 a.m. (metro station Sport)
- premetro line 5 Wijnegem Fortveld > Linkeroever: 11:54 p.m. (overground tram stop Sportpaleis at parking Ten Eekhove)
- premetro line 5 Linkeroever > Wijnegem Fortveld: 1:04 a.m. (overground tram stop Sportpaleis at parking Ten Eekhove)
- premetro line 6 Olympiade > Luchtbal (Kinepolis): 12:42 a.m. (metrostation Sport)
- premetro line 6 Luchtbal (Kinepolis) > Olympiade: 12:51 a.m. (metrostation Sport)
- tram line 12 Sportpaleis > Bolivarplaats: 00:04 a.m.